Class of 2011
From the Principal
What's Happening at OMHS
The Oakland Mills High School Vision
The Oakland Mills High School learning experience will prepare our community to adapt, contribute, and compete in an increasingly global and technological society.
Oakland Mills High School is a diverse community that is committed to helping each other grow academically, socially, and emotionally. We instill respect, responsibility, and integrity, while collaboratively empowering our students toward achievement.
Our Values: PRIDE
- In the worth and dignity of each individual.
- In the right of each individual to learn.
- People demonstrate their respect for others through their communication and actions in the classroom, hallways, school events, and community.
- People take ownership of their actions.
- People can respond appropriately in all situations.
- Students, staff, parents, and the community all have a shared responsibility for student success in school.
- Students have the greatest influence over their success in school.
- Students deserve the best efforts of all staff.
- Integrity builds strong character.
- Integrity requires courageous conversations among students, staff, and community members.
- Integrity is the consistency between our beliefs and our behaviors.
- Diversity values each person's unique contribution to our community.
- Diversity enriches our experience.
- Diversity is who we are.
- Diversity is more than tolerance, it is a way of living.
- Empowerment is the process of providing people the tools they need for continued growth and development.
- All people can achieve beyond their present level of performance.
- Goal setting is essential to improved performance.
- Staff is the greatest contributor toward empowering students toward academic achievement.
back to top