Cheer Newsletter 1.1
Track & Field
Athletics & Activities Manager: Troy Stevenson
Athletics Trainer, Professional Sportscare & Rehab: Eboni Coffey
Below is some general information about the Athletics Program at OMHS. General questions should be directed to Athletics & Activities Manager Troy Stevenson by email (email@example.com) or by phone (410-313-6953). Questions related to specific sports should be directed to the coaches at the email addresses listed on the coaches page. For more details on a specific sport, please click on the link for that sport.
Click here for results for various OM sports teams.
High School Athletics Physical Examinations
Monday, August 12, 2013
6:30 - 8:00pm
Cost: $30 CASH (at the door)
Please be prompt. Space is limited. Bring your physical form with parent signature to the site. Physicals will be issued on a first come first serve basis. Any questions, call 410-313-6953.
Begin Wednesday, August 14, 2013. Please note start times and dates:
- Cheerleading: 4:00pm, Gym
- Cross Country (Boys and Girls): Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for camp info
- Field Hockey: 8:00am, Field Hockey Field
- Football: 7:45am, Boys Locker Room
- Golf (Boys and Girls): 9:00am, Auditorium
- Boys Soccer: 6:00am, Track
- Girls Soccer: 7:30am, Practice Fields
- Volleyball: 8:00am, Gym
Want to play a sport at OMHS? You'll need:
- Physical dated after April 1, 2012 (forms can be obtained online or picked up at OM)
- Parent permission form (can be obtained online or picked up at OM)
- Consent for Sports Concussion Program Form
- Proof of residency - lease, rental agreement, or utility bill (excluding cell phone bill)
- Copy of Birth Certificate (all athletes who have played a sport at OM have one on file)
- Academic Eligibility - 4th quarter grades will determine eligibility (2.0 GPA and no "E's" for the FOURTH Quarter)
All of this information must be turned in PRIOR to participating. Athletes will not be permitted to try out if paperwork is incomplete. All forms can be found here.
Start dates for all sports
Fall - August 11, 2012
Winter - November 15, 2012
Spring - March 1, 2013
To order a Varsity Jacket, please go to:
and click on the Jacket Shop. The pass code for Oakland Mills HS is 061836.
back to top
OM Athletics Results
May 28, 2013
- Congratulations to Jackie Galloway for earning 3 medals at the Outdoor Track State Championships. He placed 3rd in both the 100 and 200 Meter Dash and placed 2nd in the 400 Meter Run.
May 15, 2013
- Over the weekend 6 Oakland Mills Wrestlers competed in the Freestyle and Greco-Roman State Championships. The Scorpions were led by double state champion Jaron Smith and bronze medal winners Julian Capino and Matt Claxton.
May 14, 2013
- OM Baseball defeated Calvert 3-0 yesterday. Kyle Madden Stricker and Mike Mastrandrea each had RBI singles. Kyle pitched the complete-game striking out 14 batters. Oakland Mills hosts Marriotts Ridge on Wednesday at 3:30pm. Come out and support your Scorpions.
May 13, 2013
- OM Baseball defeated Long Reach 10-0 on Friday. The team hosts Calvert today at 4:00pm. Come out and support your Scorpions.
May 9, 2013
- It's playoff time again. The Oakland Mills Boys Varsity Lacrosse Team got their 1st playoff win in 7 years beating Francis Scott Key 7-6. Jack Farrall scored 4 goals, Jimmy Riss had 2 goals and an assist, and goalie Brandon Andrews had 16 saves.
May 8, 2013
- The Girls Track Team finished 10th at the County Championships and the Boys Team finished 9th. Cassandra Pope finished 2nd in the 100 meter hurdles and Lavon Long finished 2nd in the high jump. You can see full results below.
- Casandra Pope - 2nd, 100 Meter Hurdles; Tie 4th, High Jump
- Hannah Scott - 8th, Discus
- Girls 4x800 Relay - 4th - Alyssa Hemler, Mackenzie Snyder, Rachel Scott, Brit Lang
- Girls 4x100 Relay - 7th - Maya Patton, Destiny Hopkins, Shamira Love, Lauren Wood
- Girls 4x200 Relay - 8th - Maya Patton, Destiny Hopkins, Vanessa Mallory, Zaynab Gholston
- Jackie Galloway - 4th, 100 Meter Run; 6th, 400 Meter Run; 8th, 200 Meter Run
- Zaynab Gholston - 4th, 400 Meter Run
- Lavon Long - 2nd, High Jump; 4th, Shot Put
- Ted Benoit - 6th, 110 Meter Hurdles; 7th, 300 Meter Hurdles
- Trevon Hopkins - 6th, Triple Jump
May 6, 2013
- Congrats! Jackson Bailey, Marjorie Buss, David Last, Shaun Roberts for defeating Hammond in singles and doubles Friday.
- OM JV Softball notched their 4th regular season win on Friday defeating Hammond 15-8. Te'Kel Evans pitched well for the Scorpions. And just about every starter scored for the Junior Lady Scorps.
May 3, 2013
- Your Allied Softball Team upset the undefeated Reservoir Gators yesterday 11-7, turning two double plays on an amazing catch from Colin Dysland and a brilliant double play by Sarah and Noah Pomerantz. The offense was sparked by the speedster Leah Hines, Tyler Tolson, Chloe McClellan, Maria Lopez, Monet Lewis and Andrew Roberts. The season finale, the world series is today, where they will compete vs. all the Howard County Teams.
May 1, 2013
- Several members from the Oakland Mills Wrestling Team placed at the Mt. Saint Joe National Team Qualifier. Placers were Julian Capino, Anthony Ahumada, Matt Claxton, Alex Asifo, Jaron Smith, and Dylan Juskus. Keep up the good off season work Scorpions.
- The Allied Softball Team defeated Hammond yesterday. The mighty Scorpions were crushing the ball and played great defense. They were led by Colin Dysland, Sarah Pomerantz, Andrew Roberts, Monet Lewis, Leah Hines, Chloe McClellan, Noah Pomerantz, Tyler Tolson, and Maria Lopez. Come out Thursday at 3:00pm at Oakland Mills and support your team for their final home game as they take on the Reservoir Gators.
back to top